This hairstyle is fun and really EASY! My husband can even do this, so I will put it in as a Daddy-do also!
Time Requirement: 8-10 minutes
1. Begin with hair wet and brushed. Create a rectangular-shaped part on middle, center top of head.
2. Secure with rubber band. **NOTE** I have found it best to put the ponytail just slightly off center. Look closely at the picture and you will see my ponytail is off to the right-bottom section of the square.
3. Next twist the ponytail until it is tight.
4. Now create a knot by tying hair around itself (I did my best to take good pictures of this step, because it does matter which direction it is tied).
5. Try to get the knot as close to the rubber band as possible (you can slide the knot down the hair a little until it sits right on top of the ponytail).
6. Now gather remaining hair, including the ponytail, together and secure with rubber band. Again I do this off center, to the right side, behind the ear.
7. Now secure hair all the way down the ponytail by adding multiple rubber bands.
8. Her hair was pretty long in this picture so I did about five total rubber bands. Add accessories to match outfit (you will note my cute flower via Joy @ Chic & Unique in my sidebar).
If you would like to see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTopKnotBandedPonytail
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!