March 29, 2009
Double-Braid into Twisty Bun | Easter Hairstyles
OK so here is the first of a few Easter hairdo’s. Remember that my goal in hairstyles is to make them fancy and fun, but easy and quick. I just don’t have time to spend an hour doing each girl’s hair! LOL! I gathered this idea from Dancing With The Stars last week.
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHDoubleBraidTwistyBun
Items Needed: brush, comb, hairspray, 2 rubber bands, and accessories.
Time Requirement: 10-15 minutes.
Skill Level: Medium
- Begin by parting hair on the side where the natural part falls.
- Divide a small section of hair from that part down to the ear.
- French braid this section LOOSELY. You don’t want a super tight braid. We are going for the more natural, soft look. Have your DD hold the braid.
- Section off another small piece of hair parallel to the first braid. French braid this one too. Have DD hold second braid too.
- Rat the hair on the top of her crown. This just adds a little dimension to the hair and prevents that slicked back look. You don’t have to do this step if you are really opposed to ratting.
- Pull the remaining hair back into a side ponytail and secure with a rubber band. Twist the hair around the ponytail to create a bun and secure with a rubber band around the whole thing.
- Add a ribbon, flowers, or other accessories that match your DD’s cute Easter dress.
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!