April 29, 2009
Rosette Buns | Flower Girl Hairstyle
Here is a super cute bun hairstyle that I think you will love!
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHRosetteBuns
Items Needed: Comb, brush, spray bottle, hairspray, and 6 rubber bands.
Time Requirement: 10-15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- Begin by brushing hair and wetting it down. Part hair wherever the natural part is and form a big ponytail on the back of the head. Secure with rubber band.
- You are now going to create 5 hair sections in the ponytail. Two sections on top and three on the bottom. The easiest way to do this is to divide the hair into two pieces (one on top and one on bottom). Make sure the bottom section contains slightly more hair than the top section… to allow for the extra hair section. Feel free to loosly rubberband the top and bottom sections to keep them separate.
- Ignore the bottom section for a minute. Divide the top section into two even-volume pieces.
- Twist each piece until it is tight.
- Wrap the twisted hair around itself creating a rosette looking bun (see pictures below if you are confused by this step). Secure the bun by putting another rubber band around its base. Make sure all ends are anchored by the rubber band, and repeat with section #2. Your DD’s hair should now look like this.
- Divide the bottom section into three equal-volume strands.
- Again twist each piece until it is tight. Twist the strand around itself to create the Rosette bun. Again, secure the ends with a rubber band.
- I did the piece on the left and the right first leaving the piece in the middle for last. When you twist the middle piece into a bun you might find there is not a lot of room for the bun. No worries… if you look closely at the picture, you can see my middle bun hangs down just a little for extra room. That’s ok.
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!