June 14, 2009
Twist-back into Ponytail Twist-Flip Combo
This hairstyle may look complicated, but if you know how to do a simple twist then you can do this do!
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTwistbackPonytailTwistflipCombo
Items needed: Brush, comb, hairspray, spray bottle, 4 rubber bands, and accessories.
Time requirement: 10 minutes.
Skill Level: Medium
- To begin, part the hair on either side.
- Part down from the middle part to the ears on both sides of the head.
- Secure with clips or rubber bands to keep hair out of the way. Take the front section on the right and seperate into two pieces.
- Twist them tightly together.
- Have your DD (Darling Daughter) hold the twist. Now repeat on the other side and have DD hold the second twist. Now part remaining back of hair into two sections. Clip one side out of the way.
- Gather the right side of hair into a ponytail and add in the twist your DD held.
- Secure with a rubber band.
- Repeat on the left side.
- To create ponytail twists, start by seperating one ponytail into two even sections and then seperate each section again for a total of four sections.
- Twist strands #1 and #2 together. Repeat with strands #3 and #4. You should have TWO twists for each ponytail.
- For added flair, flip the ends up before adding the rubberband.
- Repeat the two-twist process on the other ponytail and secure with a rubber-band. Add flowers or bows as desired.
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!