I’m calling this hairstyle the “Y” braid. Mostly because I can’t come up with anything more original this morning!
But also because it really does look like it has a “Y” shape to it. I may even get some blue spray color for hair this fall and spray it for game days at the “Y”. Hmmmm…I’ll have to get creative with that one!
Items Needed: Brush, comb, hairspray, water bottle, 3 rubber bands.
Time Requirement: 3 minutes (this one is fast!)
Skill Level: Easy
1. Begin by wetting down and brushing hair. Part hair in middle or off to one side. The part can be straight or jagged (I used an offset, zig-zag part). If you can’t remember how to do the zig-zag part click here.
2. Now section the back of hair into two sections.
3. Pull one side into a ponytail.
4. Pull the other section into a ponytail.
5. Divide each ponytail into two sections. One section (the one closest to the center of the head) needs to be about 1/3 of the hair. The outer section needs to be about 2/3 of the hair. Combine the two middle pieces together. You will now have three sections of hair (one on the left, one in the middle, and one on the right). Just so you aren’t confused… the middle section should be a combination of hair from BOTH ponytails.
6. Now do a simple braid using those three sections.
7. Use a rubber band to secure the end of the braid.
8. Add some ribbons or bows if desired. Finished!
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTheYBraid
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!