My husband suggested that I start a section called “Daddy Do’s”. This basically means… hairstyles so simple even a Daddy could do them when you are out of town! LOL! If it’s more motivating for your hubby, you can even call these “Princess Leia” buns! So here is my first… moms are still welcome to try them out, too.
Time Required: 3-5 minutes.
Skill Level: Easy
1. Being by parting the top of hair (I prefer a zig-zag part for this hairdo, but you can do a straight part). Click here to see how to do the zig-zag part again.
2. Now divide the back of hair into two sections (I prefer a straight part here, but either will work).
3. Gather up each section into a ponytail and secure with a rubber band. You can do the ponytails lower on head, like I did here, or up higher near the ears… either way is cute.
4. Begin twisting one ponytail until the hair is tight.
5. When hair is tight, begin to wind the hair around the rubber band and it will essentially twist into place on its own with a little guiding.
6. Continue winding until all hair is wrapped around.
7. Secure entire bun with rubber band.
8. Repeat process on the other ponytail. Hair will now look like this (I don’t know why her buns seem so puffy today, but you get the idea…They are normally a little smaller.):
9. Add a few ribbons and you are done!
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHbasictwistybuns
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!