Here is a cute hairstyle that is so simple to do, and looks super cute! What I love about this hairstyle is that it turns a ponytail into a fancy hairstyle. It is really good to help keep the front part of the hair (bangs) contained all day.
Items needed: Brush, comb, water, hairspray/gel, 1 rubber band.
Time Requirement: 3-5 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
This is what it should look like at this point.
1. Start by parting the hair on top of the head into one middle section. The parts will run from front of head towards back of head.
2. Create a rectangle shape by parting across the head between two previous parts.
3. Separate that section into two parts.
4. Take the two pieces of hair and tie like you are doing the first step of tying a shoelace (cross the two parts and wrap one underneath).
5. Now wrap the hair underneath again… essentially a double twist.
6. Pull both strands until knot becomes tight against head.
7. Repeat with a second rectangle just behind the first.
8. Pull remainder of hair into a side ponytail and add in the 4 strands of hair from the knots on top.
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHdoubleknotponytail
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!