Heart #4: The Short-Hair, Little-Heart Pigtails
This is an absolute adorable little girl’s heart hairstyle! My girls call these LuvPiggies, and they work with pretty much any length of hair.
Time Requirement: 3-5 minutes.
Skill Level: Easy
1. Begin by parting hair in zig-zag pattern down the middle of head.
2. Now part from there down to each ear. Gather up that hair and secure in a rubber band to form a ponytail.
3. Repeat on other side.
4. At this point, I styled the back of her hair (which required some round brushing with the blow dryer). Starting with the right ponytail separate it into two pieces. ***TIP*** USE POMADE AT THIS POINT!!! I put a bunch of pomade into the sections so they would stay firm and maintain shape. Otherwise, because her hair is layered, I would have gotten a very wispy, hair-falling-out-everywhere look. So use pomade (or any other really good waxy product).
5. Now simply take the two pieces of hair and lay into place. It will just sort of naturally fall to the heart shape. Work with it until you get the desired heart look and feel.
6. You can have a loose heart look (by pulling hair farther away from rubber band). …or a very tight heart look (by pushing hair up tight against rubber band).
7. Use the clip to secure both ends together. Add clips or bows in the front of rubber bands and you are ready to go!
**TIP** When I was completely done, I also added just a spritz of “Got2B Glued”. Just for a little added strength.
If you would like to see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHHeartPigtails
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!