This style is nice because it is one of many hairstyles that can be a fancy “dressy do” or a casual fun do. Use it for a fancy family party, church, or even just a regular school day.
It can also be used on long hair or short hair (I have done it on long hair here), and is actually one of my favorite Picture Day hairstyles!
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHBeachyCombo
Items Needed: Brush, comb, hairspray, 3-barrel curling iron, flat iron, curling iron, and 3 rubber bands.
Time Requirement: 10-15 minutes ***Could take longer if you get more elaborate**
Skill Level: Medium
Obviously, the more sections you do… the longer it will take. But it can be really fun! The above picture was taken of “K” in the morning. Later that day after hiking and playing in the canyons, this is what she looked like (the hairdo held up really well!)…
- Start with DRY hair. Part on the left. My daughter’s hair is pretty much naturally straight so I just let it air dry. But if you have curly hair you may want to straighten it first.
- Part a little section on the left and braid it (secure ends with rubber band).
- Section off a little piece in the back of hair and braid it (also securing with rubber band).
- Section off a piece in the front right of hair and braid (also securing with rubber band).
- Pick up a piece of hair next to each braid and *three-barrel* it (you will do three sections in total).
- Pick up a piece of hair on the other side of each braid and curl with traditional ringlet curl.
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!