Today we are going to show you how to create a Lace Fishtail Bun combo. We were inspired to film this from a photo posted by a friend on Instagram, HairByJakky, several weeks ago. Super Cute!
This hairstyle would be beautiful for Prom, Homecoming, formal event, or dressed down for every day!
Time Requirement: 6-8 minutes
Skill Level: Medium
- Create a French Fishtail on the top center of the head ending at the crown.
- Pull remaining hair back into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Section off a good size chunk of your ponytail (about 1/6) and slip the bun maker on your large section of ponytail.
- Let the ponytail hair fall around the bun maker covering it. Make sure to evenly spread the hair around the donut.
- Pick up your bottom piece of hair that you left out of the donut and a second strand from the top. These will be the beginning 2 strands for your fishtail braid.
- Create 1 stitch of a fishtail braid.
- Beginning in the second stitch you will add small sections from the top or left side of the fishtail. This technique is basically a French Lace Fishtail braid around a bun maker.
- Continue braiding all the way around the donut.
- When you get all the way around and run out of hair to add; continue a regular fishtail to the end to the hair and secure with an elastic. This allows a bit more fishtail to work with and tuck under.
- Take the braid piece and begin to tuck under your bun, wrapping around and under, and securing it with a bobby pin.
- Gently tug on the outside (bottom) edge of the braid to loosen it a bit. This adds to the fullness and overall effect of the Fishtail.
- Add a couple of Bobbi pins around the bun to secure in place, and add a cute bow if desired!
If you loved this hairstyle, please feel free to leave a comment below and tell us what is your go-to hairstyle!