You can never go wrong with a half-up hairstyle. The Triple Flip Flips definitely a family favorite. This hairstyle does take a little time to complete, but the end result is just beautiful! Using a Topsy Tail Tool is essential for this particular style because there is so much looping and flipping the hair. Once you get the hang of using one, it makes hairstyles SO much easier! Add fun bows, ribbons, or hair accessories to spice it up!
Items Needed: Rat tail comb, hairbrush, 1 ponytail holder, 4-5 hair elastics, styling wax, and Topsy Tail tool
Skill level: Medium
Time Requirement: 8-10 minutes
Triple Flip Faux Fishtails
- Begin 1 inch above the ear, and pull the hair into an elastic. TIP: Wrap hair around the elastic to hide it.
- Separate the ponytail into 3 even sections.
- Put the elastic a couple of inches from the top to the middle section.
- Repeat step 3 on the left and right sections.
- Separate each section in half and flip the ponytail up towards the ceiling
- Take a topsy tail down through the middle, and pop the middle section up through the topsy tail. TIP: Do not pull all the way through (leave about an inch sticking up).
- Repeat step 6 for the left and right sections TIP: Put the topsy tail at an angle for the side sections to get the best shape.
- Place the end pieces together, and secure together with an elastic.
- Separate this section in half and flip the ponytail up towards the ceiling. You can fluff and pancake the braid to give it a more polished look.
- Depending on hair length, continue down the section of hair a couple of inches, and continue to repeat step 9.
- To spice up this look, add bows, ribbons, or any hair accessories.