I’m always looking for quick and easy hairstyles for the school year! I definitely love this look because you can dress it up or down. The #CGHWrappedBraid is great for school, gymnastics, and even special occasions. Plus it only takes 10 minutes or less!
Items Needed: Hair tie, clear elastics, bobby pins, desired accessories (ribbon, scrunchies, etc.)
Time Requirement: 5-7 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- Begin by pulling the hair into a low ponytail.
- Section the hair into 3 even pieces.
- Cross the left section of hair over the middle piece like you would for a 3-strand braid.
- Take a smaller piece of hair from the outside of the left section and loop it around the ponytail. Then place it back into its original section.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the right section of hair.
- Continue all the way down to finish the braid.
- Tug on the sections of hair between the zig zags and pancake the braid to make it look fuller.
- Secure the braid with an elastic.
- Secure any stray pieces of hair with a bobby pin. TIP: Add a scrunchie or ribbon to spice up the look.
Watch the full tutorial:
To see your own recreations of this style featured in our CGH app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHWrappedBraid