Hello again! Can you believe it’s already the middle of April!? This year is just flying by. Which is good, because it means we are that much closer to summer. To me summer means eating outside, playing all day, warm days, swimming, and just being outside as much as possible!
Today’s taco recipe is perfect for Spring, Summer, warm days, cool days, any day really. You cook a beef roast in the slow cooker, and it is ready for you at dinner time. Which means you are free to run around all day and not sit in the kitchen cooking during those peak hours of the day.
The taco meat is so easy because you just place a beef roast (chuck roast, rump roast, etc.) in your crockpot, and then add some liquid smoke to give it a nice smoky flavor. The seasoning mix is a quick rub you make and then sprinkle it over the meat. Then set it and forget it! The meat cooks until it is so tender you can just pull it apart with some forks.
Once the meat is nice and tender you just pile it up on a tortilla and add your favorite toppings. Now you have a hand held dinner that is easy to eat inside or out! ‘Cause why bring the outdoor goodness to an end just yet, right? Eating outside is seriously something I look forward to when the weather starts warming up. Anyone else feel that way?
This meat is also perfect for burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, enchiladas, on a fork, you get the picture.
Slow Cooker Smoky Beef Tacos
1 beef roast, 4-5 pounds- not frozen
2 Tbs liquid smoke
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chipotle chile powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
your choice of taco toppings: cheese, salsa, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- In a small bowl add all the dry seasonings and give them a quick stir.
- In a crockpot, place your beef roast and pour the liquid smoke over top of it. Sprinkle 2-3 tsp of the seasoning mix over the roast. (Save the rest of the spice mix for another time!)
- Put the lid on the crockpot and set it to cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.
- About 40 minutes before you want to serve the meat, shred the roast with a couple forks, replace the lid and let the meat continue to cook for about 35 more minutes.
- Serve the shredded meat on warm tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
I know you’ll enjoy these tacos, because they are super tasty. And they’re tacos, so you really can’t go wrong!
For lots more delicious recipes visit Eat It & Say Yum.