Of many of my long hairstyles, this one uses a much, much easier ponytail option. Easier than it looks!
Items Needed: Brush, comb, water bottle, 2 rubber bands, and hairspray.
Time Requirement: 3-5 minutes.
Skill Level: Easy
1. Begin by parting hair on either side.
2. Pull hair back into a tight ponytail and secure in place with a rubber band.
3. Now part hair into three sections (have your daughter hold some of the sections if that helps).
4. Beginning with the section on the left…separate that section into two equal pieces and twist together. This will form one long hair twist. Have your daughter hold twist to keep it tight.
5. Now move to the middle section. Part into two pieces and create another twist and have daughter hold also. Repeat this on the far right section as well. You should now have three hair twists.
6. Take the three twists, place them together and secure by rubber banding all three twists together. Gently let go of the twists. The triple twists will loosen slightly when you let go–but this will cause them to essentially twist together. This creates the awesome hair twist look you see in the photos. Instead of three obvious individual twists–it looks more like one really neat-looking twisty braid!
7. For more cuteness I added this crazy ribbon accessory.
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTripleTwistPonytail
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!