December 01, 2016
Can you believe it’s December? This year has flown by so terribly fast! This also means that Christmas is just around the corner and I’m feeling the spirit already! 😀 That’s why I have some holiday inspired hairstyle options in store for you.
Easy options for Medium Hair
Both of these options are based on a regular, 3 strand braided headband. I’ve add curls to give it a more polished and put together look. You’ve probably seen it before on long hair. Start with a tiny 3 strand braid underneath and flip it across to the other side of your head. With a slight adjustment ,there’s a way to do it on shorter hair!
- Separate and clip away the top section of your hair. Pick up a chunk of hair from underneath that section and braid it into a regular braid, as far to the front as possible. Leave out some hair near the face and above the ears. Repeat on the other side.
- Curl the rest of your hair away from the face with a curling wand or iron. This step is optional.
- Tease the hair on the top, leaving out some face framing layers in the front. Then flip it to the back and smooth over the very top layer with a comb.
- Pick up one of the braids and flip it to the opposite side of your head, secure it with a bobby pin by gliding it in against the braid. Repeat with the braid on the opposite side.
- Because the braids can’t reach all the way down to behind the ear on shorter hair, you’ve most likely had to pin them a bit higher on the side of your head. This is why we left out the layers in the front and above the ears from the braids. Pick up some of the hair you have in the front, leaving out whatever you want framing your face, and twist it away from your face. Make sure to cover the ends of the braids and pin the twist in the back of your head with a bobby pin. Repeat on the other side. This is already completing the first half-up style.
- If you want to take it further into an updo, pick up one more section below the first twist on both sides of the head and also twist them away from the face. Tie the sections together with a clear elastic in the back.
- Pick up the rest of your hair and tuck it over the elastic above. Secure in place with bobby pins if needed.
The fact that it’s December also means that this is my last post here. It’s been a real pleasure writing for cutegirlshairstyles readers! I hope you enjoyed my tutorials and that they provided you with some inspiration and easy options to style your own hair. If you want to see more from me, please be sure to visit my blog, Hairs Affairs.
Hope to see you again soon! 🙂 Until next time lovely!