Heart #2 – Two Hearts with Twists!
This is one of the most fun of my Valentine’s Day hairstyles because it is just sooooo cute! The two ponytail twists result in a heart after using a Topsy Tail to flip the ponytail. You will love this!
Items Needed: brush, comb, spray bottle, hairspray, 4 rubber bands, 4 bobby pins, and accessories.
Time Requirement: 10 minutes.
**I didn’t take quite as many pictures as normal for this do. It is VERY similar to the Heart #1 so if you get confused reference those pictures too.
1. To begin part hair on left.
2. Then part hair down the center of back to create two sections of hair.
3. Pull each section into a high ponytail.
4. Flip each section with a *Topsy-Tail Tool*. If you do not have one, do this by loosening the ponytail. Then create a hole in between the rubber band and head… then push hair from BOTTOM TO TOP through the hole. On a normal flip, you would do it from top to bottom. So be careful and make sure you go from BOTTOM TO TOP on this hairstyle.
5. Starting with the left side, divide ponytail into two sections.
6. Twist each section–make sure you twist each on in opposite directions. The left section you will twist counter clockwise (to the left) and the right section you will twist clockwise (to the right).
7. This will help the hair form a curve like a heart. I also bobby pinned the curve of the heart to help it stand out a little. Bring the ends of the twists together and secure with a rubber band.
8. Repeat these steps on the right side of head. Add bows.
9. Although this hair do is similar to Heart #1, I haven’t seen this exact style anywhere else… that I know of.
If you would like to see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTwoHeartTwists
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!