This is a hairstyle my girls practically grew up on… it was also the style that most prompted me to start this blog. Everyone always stopped me, no matter where we were, to ask how we did the style…
Items Needed: Rat-tail comb, spray bottle, brush, and 4 rubber bands.
Time Required: 7-10 minutes.
Skill Level: Medium
1. For this cute hairstyle, begin by parting hair on either side from face to back.
2. Now section from middle part to right ear.
3. Section from middle part to left ear…. use a rubber band or clip to hold section out of the way. Add another clip or rubber band to the hair in back to keep it out of the way.
4. Using the section with the MOST hair, separate section into 3 smaller sections.
5. Starting with the section closest to face, begin to twist from middle part to ear.
6. Repeat until you have three finished twists.
7. While your daughter holds the three twists, undo hair in back and separate into two sections down the middle.
8. Gather right side of back hair and create a ponytail. Hold with hand.
9. BEFORE putting rubber band on the hair, add in the three twists. Now rubber band all together.
10. Now take ponytail and twist.
11. Wrap twist around and around the rubber band to create a twisty bun.
12. Use another rubber band to secure the twist and the bun. I like to have the ends hanging out so I leave about 2 inches of hair hanging out of the bun at the top.
13. Repeat whole process on the other side.
14. Rat the ends of hair a little to add fluff. Use hairspray to make them stay in place.
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHtripletwistsandmessybuns
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!