This hairstyle is a really good one for teens/tweens! It has a softer and more relaxed look. It is quick and very cute!
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTwistBackSquareKnot
Items Needed: Brush, comb, hair straightener, bobby pins, and hairspray (pomade optional).
Time Requirement: 5-10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- Begin by straightening hair. This step isn’t necessary, but I like the look better if the hair is straight. It makes the knot stand out a bit more. If your DD’s hair is naturally straight then you are all set!
- Part hair wherever natural part falls. Section off a small piece on each side of the head and twist it back. You can use a little Pomade to help the twists stay together and eliminate flyers from static.
- Take the two pieces and tie half a knot. Like you are tying a shoelace. One piece under the other and tighten them against the head.
- Now using bobby pins secure this in place. I do it in such a way that the bobby pins are hidden. I think I used about 4-5 bobby pins.
- Once the first 1/2 of the knot is secure take the remaining ends and tie together again in the same way… like you are doing a double knot. I think the official name of this is a “square knot“. Use bobby pins to secure in place once again. Leave the ends sticking out a little and fluff if necessary. Use hairspray to help hold in place . Happy Hairdoing!
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!