Wow! Obviously my brain is still on vacation! I can’t believe how quickly the time has slipped away from me.
This hair do is so simple! I didn’t even have to take very many pictures. I think it has a definite Bohemian, hippy look to it which is perfect for teens and tweens who do not want to have a curly princesslike hairdo for Easter.
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHTeenBohemianBraids
Items Needed: Hair straightener, 1 clear elastic, brush, comb, and any accessories.
Time Requirement: 5-7 minutes.
Skill Level: Easy
She’s looking a little like “Cousin It” in this pictures with all of her hair pushed toward her face, but you get the idea.
- Begin by straightening the hair. I started with my DD’s hair already straightened. I thought it would show off the braids better. But you can leave hair curly, wavy, or anything in between. Now part hair (wherever natural part is). Grab a small chunk of hair up near the part, closer to face. Braid this. Have DD (Darling Daughter) hold hair while you grab a second small chunk of hair. Again get the hair near the part, but this time back near the crown of head. Have DD hold braids.
- Repeat these braids directly on the other side of the part. You will now have four braids (or add a few more if you desire).
- Loosely pull the braids back and secure with a clear elastic. You can stop here and leave hair as is.
- Or you can add a ribbon. I did the ribbon for school that day, but later took it out for her piano recital that night. I decided the ribbon took away from the subtleness of her braids, but you choose what you want to do.
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!