To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHMermaidHeartBraid
Items Needed: Elastics, topsy tail & bobby pin (if desired)
Time Requirement: 10-15 minutes
Skill level: Medium
For the full tutorial click here:
- Start about an inch above the ear, and pull the hair into an elastic. TIP: Wrap hair around the elastic to hide it.
- Thread a topsy tail upside down, and pull the ponytail through it. (You can use your hands, but the topsy tail makes it easier!)
- Flip the topsy tail, and pull the ponytail up towards the ceiling.
- Separate the ponytail into 2 even sections.
- On the right section, begin to stitch a normal, 3 strand braid. Create 3 stitches.
- Begin to pull small pieces from the front of her hair into the braid (only adding
in tothe right side). Do this 4 times.
- Make a normal 3 strand braid down the ponytail.
- Repeat steps 5-7 on the left section of hair.
- As you get to the end of the left section braid, join the two braids together. Secure with an elastic.
- Fluff the top of the braids to accent the shape of the heart (make sure to only fluff the top stitches).
- Secure the heart with a bobby pin.