This Stuffed Chicken Parmesan recipe is an easy dinner your family is sure to love!
All the flavors of a classic Chicken Parmesan dish wrapped around a melted cheese center – what is not to love? Not only does this chicken taste amazing, it is also super easy to make! Let’s get cooking!
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 – 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
- 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 6 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of crushed Ritz crakers (about 10- 12 crackers)
- 1-1/2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
*My family likes as little spinach as possible, but you can add as much as you’d like!
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- non stick cooking spray
- meat tenderizer
- Heat oven to 375ºF and spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pound your chicken to be 1/4 inch thick and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, the spinach, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 3 bbsp. of Parmesan cheese. Set this bowl aside
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg and set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix the remaining 3 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs and set aside.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto each flattened piece of chicken.
- Starting at the short end of each chicken breast, roll up the chicken tightly, securing with wooden toothpicks.
- Dip each chicken roll in the egg, then roll in the crumb mixture, making sure each roll is evenly coated.
- Place the chicken, seam sides down in your baking dish.
- Bake for 30 min. or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the toothpicks and heat your pasta sauce.
- Pour heated sauce on top of chicken and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
For even more delicious recipes and simple treats, please visit SomewhatSimple.com