There’s something about a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie that gives us an instant comfort, even on the hard days. Our love for cookies is endless, whether it’s our grandma’s old recipe or a new find found scrolling through Pinterest. Crispy or chewy, fully baked or doughy, you can’t go wrong!
The McKnight Family Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, if you're feeling feisty!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet and set it to the side.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder, and set it to the side.
- Cream together butter and sugars until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add 12 oz package of chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll 2-3 tbsp (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. (alternately, use a small cookie scoop to make your cookies)!
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes. Take them out when they are just barely starting to turn brown.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
And voila, you’re done! Have your own recipe you’d like to share? We’d love to hear it! Shoot us a comment below with a link to your perfect cookie recipe.