Everyone knows that one of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July! We always have friends and family over. This holiday my sister came to visit with her 4 kids, and they brought with them some special guests…LICE!
Today I’m going to share with you some great tips and tricks to naturally get rid of lice. Remember that anyone can get lice, so getting lice isn’t gross. KEEPING lice is gross!
If you or your kids get lice, you need to get rid of them ASAP! Lice can lay 6-10 eggs a day, so you could be dealing with a head covered with hundreds of lice before you know it!
Items Needed: Extra virgin olive oil, metal comb, applicator bottle, and an old t-shirt.
- Start by separating your hair into layers.
- Starting with the bottom layer, use the applicator bottle to apply the olive oil from the roots down saturating the whole layer of hair.
- Then take a metal comb and comb through the hair to pull lice and eggs from the hair. TIP: Make sure to wipe the comb on a paper towel with each pass to see what comes out.
- Repeat steps 2-3 layer by layer until you seem more nits coming out.
- Make sure the hair is completely covered in the olive oil, and pull it back into a bun or braid for the next 8 hours or while you sleep.
- The next day, use dishwashing liquid to remove the oil from your hair. Then continue with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine.
If you have a family with multiple kids, you want to make sure you inspect everyone’s hair. Some kids may have lice while others may not. Treat everyone the first night like they have lice because the oil will help you figure out if they actually have lice. After that, kids with no lice need oil treatment every 3 days for 2 ½ weeks. Kids WITH lice need oil treatment every night for 4 nights. After this, they can go every 3 days for 2 ½ weeks.