I am in love with this darling combo hairstyle! It consists of braids, a twist, flips, and a bun. I promise, it is not complicated. It’s an adorable hairstyle using 4 simple elements you will love too
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHBraidBunCombo
Time Requirement: 5-10 minutes
Skill Level: easy
- Start by parting the hair down the middle.
- Pick up a small section of hair from the front on one side of the part.
- Divide into three pieces and begin a dutch braid.
- After about 3-4 stitches, switch to a lace braid only adding in new hair from the top. Your braid should sit about 3 inched down from the part as shown in photos.
- Once you reach the center back of the head, stop adding new hair and continue braiding a regular three strand braid and secure with a bobbie pin temporarily.
- Repeat steps 2-5 on the other side of the part.
- Take both of your braids in the back and secure them together with an elastic.
- Release your temporary pins or elastics from your two braids.
- Pick up a section of hair from the front to about the middle of the ear, on both sides.
- Bring the two sections backward and secure together with an elastic in the center back. They should be sitting just above of your braid elastic.
- Next flip your ponytail up and bring back down the other side of the elastic to give the hair a twist. Repeat a second time.
- You can pancake or pull on the edges of your twist to give a soft full look to your twists.
- Pick up your ponytail hair and divide into two pieces. Begin a rope twist. (twist the strands the same direction, and cross in the opposite direction.)
- When you reach the bottom, pancake your twist and then secure with a small elastic.
- Bring your twist up and wrap around into a bun to sit right on top of your braid and twist elastics.
- Secure with bobbie pins.
- Finish with hairspray if desired.
This week on Brooklyn and Bailey… “Simple Things Video” We are so proud of this song and video. We had an amazing experience creating both the song and the video. We hope you love it as much as we do.
This week on Kamri Noel … ” What’s in my backpack | End of School Edition”