September 09, 2012

Our Hair Care Routine | Cute Girls Hairstyles

I have been blogging here since 2008, and the single-most request I receive from fans {after hairstyles} is regarding what we do to take care of our hair. Finally, we decided to film this, so here you go… CuteGirlsHairstyles’ Hair Care Routine!

With six girls living in our home, hair care is something that is very, very important to us! Among us girls, we have four with thick hair, two with thin, one with oily, one with dry, four with natural waves, one with tight curls, and one stick straight. It is too much for me to detail an individual care routine for each of these situations, but in this video I provide my best general summary of our family hair care…

Before I begin, it is important to understand a few things about hair. Approximately 60% of your hair quality is strictly due to genetics, and the remaining 40% or so depends very much on how you take care of it.

Since there pretty much isn’t anything we can do about the first 60%, it is up to each of us to find what combination fits with the remaining 40% to put our hair in the most ideal, best-looking situation.

Here are a few key steps to consider:

  1. Drink a lot of water.
  2. Eat healthy foods, especially plenty of fruits and veggies.
  3. Take a multi-vitamin to supplement what you may not be assimilating from your food {and drink milk}. Biotin is also a very good supplement to take.
  4. Regular hair trims {to eliminate dry, damaged, or split ends}. Just the ends, you do not need to take much more off.
  5. Don’t over-wash your hair {about once every 3-4 days is ideal for most}. Trust me on this one. Now, I still shower often, I simply wash my hair every 3-4 days. We just wear a shower cap or tie our hair up into a high hair bun.
  6. Try not to overuse heat or chemicals {perms, colorings, etc}.

Each of the products mentioned in the video are typically available between your local Walmart, Target, or Sally Beauty Supply {or equivalent stores inside or outside of the USA}. If you prefer not to run around looking for these items, you may purchase all of them through this Amazon link.

Products:

  • Suave Professionals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
  • Bed Head Hi-Def Curls Shampoo
  • Organix Tea Tree Mint Conditioner
  • LouAna Pure Coconut Oil
  • Couture Color Pequi Oil
  • Watts Beauty ArganGold Argan Oil
  • Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse
  • Tresemme Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse
  • Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo

Please know, again, my dear friends, that everyone’s hair is different… what works for me and my family, may not necessarily work for you.

We ask that you be mindful of how you take care of your hair and find a combination of diet, hair care, and product that works best for you.  Good luck!

 

Happy Hairdoing!

* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!

FTC Disclaimer: All of these products, except the Pequi Oil, were purchased by myself. I am not affiliated in any way with any of these companies, nor am I being compensated by them by reviewing these products. The opinions expressed about the products are strictly my own.