Here is a very quick and easy way to make hair look elegant in the mornings when the hair is kind of in that “blah” stage. It is very simple to do and all you need is a skinny flat iron to do it.
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH App, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHFlatIronCurls
Time Requirement: 2-3 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
I have found that it is too difficult and time consuming at times to run both a flat iron to straighten the hair (to stage curls) and then a curling iron or 3-barrel right after. Did you know that you can use a flat iron to do both??? Yes, a flat iron can curl and you do not have to straighten the hair to do it!!! Here is how…
What I love about this tip is that these simple curls can be added to many hairdo’s and haircut styles! You can combine them with twists or buns on the top, or a French Braid in the bangs, etc, (I used the two Topsy flip-unders on my DD in the video) . You will notice that the elegant curls add volume to the hair when I simply do not have time to straighten or curl all of it. Let me know if you thought this was useful…
- Apply your favorite heat protectant to hair.
- Using a 1″ flat iron, pick up a small piece of hair.
- Start close to the head by applying the iron on the hair lightly, twisting the flat iron and pulling downward. (see technique in video)
- Smaller sections and more twisting will give a tighter curl. Larger sections and less twisting will give a bigger curl or soft wave.
- I twisted away from the face on each side until reaching the back.
- Lightly brush through the curls with your fingers.
- Spritz with hairspray if desired!
Nice and easy!
PS~ Don’t forget to enter our November’s Hairdoer of the Month contest. The winning entry will be posted on November 7th…click the link to see submission guidelines! This has been a fun idea for the site and we want to see more of your cute do’s!
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!