November 22, 2016
If you’re looking for an amazingly soft and delicious Snickerdoodle recipe, this one is it! I was given the recipe a few years ago from my sister in law and it has become my go-to recipe for any holiday party or cookie exchange. Not only are these cookies quite tasty, they are also super easy to make. Here is the delicious recipe:
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 Cup Margarine – softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix margarine, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture and mix until just blended.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 4 tsp. cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2″ balls and roll into sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
For more of our favorite cookie recipes, visit Somewhat Simple
The Best Sugar Cookies || Chai Spiced Snickerdoodles || Black and White Brownie Cookies